PAYMENT PROCEDURES AND APPOINTMENTS
Dr Geoff Workman endeavour’s to make quality healthcare as accessible as possible. In order to prevent issues with payment and appointments, patients are advised to follow the guidelines below.
Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your appointment schedule for registration. If you have not received a Patient Information Sheet in the mail, you may be asked to fill one.
When you attend for your first appointment, please remember to bring the following:
- Medicare or Veterans’ Affairs card
- Referral from your GP or other doctor
- Health Fund Membership card
- X-rays and any other scans
- Workers Compensation or CTP claim details and approval
During your visit, Dr Workman will make a thorough analysis of your problem. This includes a physical examination. As such, please wear comfortable clothing. If you will need to undergo further tests like specialized x-rays, CT, or MRI scan, Dr Workman will discuss it with you. You will also have a discussion about your problem and establish a treatment plan that is most suitable for you.
Cancellation of Appointment
For appointment cancellations, please contact our office 1-2 days before your appointment. This is in order for us to reallocate your time to other patients in the waiting list. Meanwhile, there may be times that Dr Workman will have to attend to emergencies. This could mean that you will be made to wait longer than anticipated. However, please be assured that Dr Workman will make every effort to attend to your needs as soon as he possibly and efficiently can.
Medicare, Workers’ Compensation, and Private Insurance
Several methods of payment are available with Dr Geoff Workman. Aside from traditional forms of payment, we also accept patients with Medicare, Private Insurance, and Workers’ Compensation plans.
- For patients with Medicare, please make sure that you bring your Medicare card at the time of consultation.
- For those with Private Insurance, in addition to your Medicare card, please bring your private health fund details, especially your coverage level, during your consultation hour.
- To those who were injured during their line of work with Workers’ Compensation claims, please bring all your approved claim details at your consultation hour.
Experience First-Class hip and Knee Treatment in Hunter Valley and Newcastle
Dr Geoff Workman is one of the best orthopaedic centres in Newcastle, with focus on hip and knee cases. We have years of experience in the field, both in private and public practices. We assure first-class service in Dr Geoff Workman provides a combination of tried and tested traditional methods and up-and-coming revolutionary techniques.